Skip to main content

Conjunctive Adverbs

Conjunctive Adverbs คือคำเชื่อมประโยคเข้าด้วยกัน

1. Addition  เสริมกัน
Moreover/ Besides/ Furthermore/ Also/ In addition
He is good at sport; moreover, he is good at cooking.

2. Contrast ขัดแย้ง
อย่างไรก็ตาม
However/ Nevertheless/ Nontheless/ / Still  + ประโยค
The hotel is costly; nonetheless, the service is not impressive.

ในทางกลับกัน
In contrast/ On the contrary/ Conversely/ On the other hand + ประโยค

ถึงแม้ว่า
Although, Though, Even though + ประโยค

ทั้งๆที่
Despite/ In spite of  + คำนาม

3. Alternative ทางเลือก
Otherwise/ Or else
You'll have to go now, otherwise you'll miss your bus.

4. Comparison เปรียบเทียบ
Likewise/ Similarly/ In the same way
I drink 8 glasses of water per day; my kids, likewise, do the same.

5. Illustrate ตัวอย่าง
For example/ For instance + ประโยค
such as/ namely + คำนาม
There are many good hotels in town; for example, ABC Grand, FF Resort, Long Beach.

6. Result ผล
Accordingly/ So/ Thus/ Hence/ Therefore/ As a result/ /Consequently/ For this reason
It’s raining cats and dogs; thus, we stay inside the classroom.

7.  Time  เวลา
หลังจากนั้น
Afterward/ Subsequently/ Then/ Later

ในขณะเดียวกัน
Meanwhile

ก่อนหน้านั้น
Ago/ Before/ Beforehand/ Previously

ในที่สุด
Eventually/ Finally
I have been searching for a hotel for hours. Eventually, I have found a good one.

ในขณะนี้
Now/ At the moment/ At the present/ In the meantime (ในช่วงนี้)

Lately เร็วๆนี้
Since ตั้งแต่
First ก่อนอื่น ประการแรก
Next ถัดไป

8.  โดยเฉพาะ
In particular/ Espectially, Particularly
I never liked long walks, especially in winter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

เวรย่อมระงับด้วยการไม่จองเวร

"เวรย่อมระงับด้วยการไม่จองเวร" ที่เป็นภาษาอังกฤษและมีความหมายใกล้เคียงนั้น ก็มีหลายสุภาษิตด้วยกัน (ส่วนตัวแล้ว ชอบ "Good to forgive; best to forget.") ลองพิจารณาและเลือกเอาเอาตามใจชอบจาก "สุภาษิต" ข้างล่างนี้..... - To forget a wrong is the best revenge. - Revenge never repairs an injury. - Pardon is the most glorious revenge. - Good to forgive; best to forget.

How to agree in English - too / neither /either / so

1. To agree with postive statement (Me too) “I love strawberry ice cream.” “Me too!” “I’ve been traveling a lot for work lately.” “Me too.” “I’m going to the beach tomorrow.” “Me too!” 2. To agree with negative statement (Me neither) “I can’t draw very well.” “Me neither.” “I haven’t seen the new movie yet.” “Me neither.” “I don’t go to the gym very often.” “Me neither.” 3. To respond in positive (So do I) “I always sleep late on the weekends.” “So do I.” “I’m from Moscow.” “So am I!” “I studied chemistry in college.” “So did I.” 4. To respond in negative (Neither do I, Nor do I, I don't either) “I don’t think that’s a good idea.” “Neither do I.”“Nor do I.” “I don't either.” “I’m not very outgoing.” “Neither am I.” “Nor am I.” “I'm not either.” “I didn’t like broccoli when I was a kid.” “Neither did I.” “Nor did I.” “I didn't either.”

If Clause 3 แบบ (Conditional Statement)

รูปแบบของ If-Clause มีทั้งหมด 3 ประเภท There are four different types of conditional sentences in English.  Meaning type if-clause ความหมาย 0 General truths ใช้กับเหตุการณ์ที่เป็นความจริง I A possible condition and its probable result ใช้กับเหตุการณ์ที่เป็นเหตุเป็นผลซึ่งกันและกัน II A hypothetical condition and its probable result ใช้กับเหตุการณ์ที่ตรงข้ามความจริงในปัจจุบัน หรือ อนาคต III An unreal past condition and its probable result in the past ใช้กับเหตุการณ์ที่ตรงข้ามความจริงในอดีต Form type if-clause main clause 0 Simple Present If S + v.1 Simple Present S + v.1 I Simple Present If S + v.1 will-future  or  (Modal + infinitive) S + will + v.infinitive II Simple Past If S + v.2 would + infinitive * S + would + v.infinitive III